Wednesday 23 October 2013

Week VI - Present to ....

On October 21, it was the day that I was going to present my music project to the class, and I had five minutes to talk about my presentation and also answer the four questions.

The four questions were...
"What do you want to learn (project)?"
"Why do you want to learn it(project)?"
"What have you done so far?"
"What are the problems you're facing right now?"

I had learn how to manage clips, insert midi clips, draw midi, and also use the Massive to change the style of the sound. I had watched many Ableton Live 9 tutorial videos on Youtube, and they had teach me some simple tricks that allows me to play around it. Although these tutorials taught me some tricks, but some of the harder things are not able to learn by watching videos.

I want to learn how to make my own music, and the music will be like the way I want them to sounds like. I had change my goal of the project from making mashup or remix to making my own background music that could apply acapellas, which makes them sounds like remix.

I had learn to control most of the basic stuff on the program, and use the plug-ins to change the sound of midi. I had use the demo version of Massive before, and it allows me to change my midi into sounds like electro music. I like the way that the program can easily connect to Ableton Live, and it could be hidden in the bottom part in Ableton. So far I know how to make a music by writing midi clips, and drop the bass beats to make it sound better.

The problem I am facing right now is the demo version of Massive only allows me to edit my midis for 30 minutes, after that it will stop working in Ableton, which I could not finish a track. I'm researching if there is another program that allows me to change the sound of Ableton Live, because Massive is quite expensive, but I think I'll need it for my project. I think I will go to the tutor class in Taipei to learn about some of the professional tricks that will improve my skill on making music, but right now I had to do the research first.










*Pic 1 - Massive Native Instrumental











                                                   







*Pic 2 - Massive Native Instrumental Price





                                                    *Orient Blue*

No comments:

Post a Comment