Wednesday 23 October 2013

Week II - First Try




I started my 18.4% project by researching about the meaning of mash up, how to mash up, and watch the tutorial videos. After watching few tutoring videos, I got the feeling that I am brave enough to start it. After I read Pop Danthology’s Website, I learned that your music would need to have similarities. I chose the music, Back Seat by New Boyz, and Like A G6 by Far East Movement, because both of this music is performance by Dev.

After I started my foolish journey of mash up music, I found out a terrible problem, which is that I don’t really know how to use both the Mac and the software. I searched up the picture of keyboard shortcut of Ableton Live 9; I learned how to adjust the music, and how to edit it with the picture.

Slowly I felt like I got the feeling of how to control this beast, which I make the Back Seat (instrumental) and Back Seat (Acapella) to be on the same line. At this point, I felt like the rock on my back had been take off, and now I am a free man that could start to remix the music in the way I want. I first listen to the whole music (Back Seat), than turn it to mute, and listen to Like A G6. I cut the climax of it to be with the instrumental of Back Seat. I felt so lucky that it actually sound really great, I just need to make some parts of it into silent and put some part into extremely loud.



                          Video 1 *Here is the video I have made for my first simple mix


Equipment of 2nd Week-
1). Macbook Pro – 2.5GHZ, Intel Core i5, 8GB Memory, 128GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000
2). Bose QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones

Software of 2nd Week-
1). Ableton Live 9 Suit
2). Final Cut Pro X
3). QuickTime Player
4). iTunes
Tutorial Website or Videos-
1). Ableton Live Tutorial: Making a Blend/Mash-Up by Revy

2). THE MAKING OF POP DANTHOLOGY by Pop Danthology

3). Ableton Live shortcuts keyboard map by SonnyHancock
http://sonnyhancock.deviantart.com/art/Ableton-Live-shortcuts-keyboard-map-301670059

                                                                           *Orient Blue*

No comments:

Post a Comment