Wednesday 23 October 2013

Week IV - Waking Up


Although I did a really bad job that I didn't make any mashup to practice my skill, but I did learn something new this weekend. I typed in "Make a song with Ableton Live 9" in YouTube, and I found a great tutorial that taught a basic about how to make your own drum beat with it. After watching this video, when the software opened up, I got a totally different feeling. There are no great samples like the tutorial, and it is actually hard to make a beat if you never learn about the different keys.


Pic 1 - This is a picture that shown the basic control surface of Ableton Live 9) At the bottom part with the red squares are the different beats that you are able to move around.            


Pic 2 - After adjust your own drum beats, than you can change the EQ by clicking the different sound given by the Software. The 1/16 shown the bottom can be change to 1/4, 1/8, 1/32 also, which will change the way it plays your beats.
It is funny that even though I watched through the tutorial I still have no idea how to make a good track that can actually apply to my acapella. Many people came to me to ask if I do made the second mashup, and I told them that I did, but after they listen to it, most of them respond as it is not good as the first one. I think after learning how to use the program, the most important part is still if you are really good at it.

(No Track was Made this week)

Learn the skill of making drum beat


Equipment of 4th Week-



1). Macbook Pro – 2.5GHZ, Intel Core i5, 8GB Memory, 128GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000



2). Bose QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones







Software of 4th Week-



1). Ableton Live 9 Suit



2). iTunes


                                                              *Orient Blue*

           

No comments:

Post a Comment